Friday, March 02, 2007

Me and my chess game

My memories are quite hazy when i recall how i first got into contact with international chess.

In steps a teacher:"Anyone interested to join the Chess Club?"

Jasper( the little midget boy with a sassy voice and my good friend in p3): " Hey dingli, you wanna join the Chess with me? I think its fun."

Me(giving my blur face):"huh?. orh, ok lor" (i dun really have any idea what im in for, juz accompanying a friend)

Little did i noe that ill be having a hell lot of fun in Chess.

International Chess has been my hobby and passion since that very day. It has very much shaped who i am today.

Be it good or bad, Chess has made me think alot about my future moves before i take it. When it comes to a move i have to make, i tend to consider the endless possiblities before i make the next move. This mindset pretty much carries into my life and sometimes i take so much time considering my next five moves that i end up missing the crutial first step. haha...

To me, life is just like a game of chess. You make decisions in life every single minute. And you have no idea whether its really a great move until your opponent responds to it. But whats most important about life is that you have to enjoy every single moment of it. Just like chess, u have to enjoy the whole match, be it the ups and downs. Only then can u, at the end of the chess game of life, stand up gracefully, shake your opponent's hand and say"great game", then walk away the true winner.


Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain

No comments: