Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Been thinking...

My life has been pretty monotonous these days. I guess its my job. I do like my job and im glad that my relationship with my colleagues ( 9 out of 10 are gals) is growing well. But these days im just pretty bummed out after work...considering that im working 9 hours 5 days a wekk and at the end of the day i reach home at 10 theres only a few hours of leisure before i end my day and restart the same schedule all over again.

Work has been hectice but manageable, i try to find new challenges everyday, make things interesting in my life. I still enjoy training my observational skills. Silently observing different people- their habits, their personality, their working style, trying to unmask them from their exterior. Im also happy that ive started to pick up my old hobbie of playing chess again....mentally streneous but always exciting to the mind. Ive definitely learnt alot of things in the company, skills that not only can be applied academically, but towards all aspects of my life too. It has not been wasted time.

But i still worry about me and my chosen field: chemistry. Its always about prospects(Chem engrg) vs passion (chemistry). Most people would surely chose chem engrg if given my situation.....and yes this was confirmed by the answers i got from various people. Currently Chemistry is what i really like...or at least now i tink so...what i fear is that what if halfway i decide that actually im not really cut out for it? Is Chemistry my lifelong passion? Will i really go all the way to pursue it? Or is this all a lack of confidence and self-doubt?

This is one of the times i followed my heart and chose Chemistry. My logical self would have chosen Chem engrg without a doubt. But i just had to follow my instinct. I just know that this is the choice for me. Till now my logical self hasnt won over my instinct and passion on Chemistry.

I know that im after the truth of the world, i want to discover how it really works, i dont wanna be in charge of managing reaction processes in plants. I want to explore and be on the forefront of scientific discoveries. I want to pursue my passion of science and set new boundaries for exploration. I want to invent things that will revolutionise the world. I do not want to be just a statistic, i want to make a name for myself. And should i chance upon this post in future, remember Dingli, this is your ultimate life goal. Dare to dream, but dare to step out and reach for it with all the effort u can muster. Never stop trying, for I am going to make my mark someday.

No comments: