Friday, March 09, 2007

Fear..

Fear. Its something i think each and everyone lives with throughout their lives. It grips your mind, heart and soul. Im sure everyone have their own fears about certain things. Fear of death, fear of loneliness, fear of heights...to name a few. But how many people really have the courage to overcome their fear and break their boundaries?

Of course, its always easier to live within the comforts of your own fear. If you fear heights, well avoid heights then! That way you have minimum encounters with your fears and wont feel hysterical compared to charging straight at overcoming it. I, too, have been a victim of my countless fears. But the thing is, what if your fears are something you deal with day in day out? Something u face everyday and have no control over? For me i have my social fears....its there staring at my face every single day. I really have no choice but to face it head on.

So i sorta devised this psycological response to my fears. When i worry about how people will respond to my conversation, i just ask myself: What would you do if u do not fear this? And most of the time before i know it, what i was thinking of saying would just pop outta my mouth and a conversation would begin.

Its not always as bad as i thought. Fear is always in the mind. Well sometimes things really go wrong, but not all the time. I suppose you just have to move on. So here i am, in a phase of my life where i transit into adulthood. I hope i can overcome as my fears before i really make it out there. Because the real winners in life are those that really make an effort, not to avoid, but to conquer their fears.

No comments: