Saturday, April 21, 2007

Destiny...

Much have been said about one's own destiny. The discussion never ends. My thoughts regarding my destiny never stopped. So ive always asked myself, what is my destiny?

If destiny is an intended life path governed by fate, then do we even have any freedom in governing our own lives? Is everything about independence, freewill nothing but an illusion. Is my current self a result of moulding by my enviroment and will, or is it predestined that i will become such a person, and everything i do that leads to my current self is also all destined?

Most would argue: Destiny!? Hah! i govern my own life, i live it my way, i am the only person who can change my own life. I applaud their confidence and strength. But i seek the truth. Is what we perceive really the truth? You may feel control over your own life, but ultimately, what you think, how you think, how you respond, the choices in your mind, are drawn from a collection of your past histories, of things you have learnt over the years. So is it your freewill governing your life? Or is it a series of events which has shaped into who you are to respond in such a way? You may think that with a decision, comes endless possiblities. but your past histories has shaped you into who you are, and the decisions that you are going to make, will just become a natural choice that depicts who you already are. It may not be so unpredictable afterall. So is it really freewill? Or is it an illusion of freewill?

Yes the past histories that has shaped you now is so intricately interwoven that you might say it has nothing to do with fate or destiny. But some things dont happen because of chance. They happen because there is no other way it could have happened otherwise. somehow, one way or another, it will still end up with the same scenario. I know this doesnt make sense, but thats how i perceive things.

So enough about the past for now. As i look forward, i wonder if my future has already been set because the path that i will ultimately follow will lead me to the same point, no matter how i walk it. hmm....maybe this post is also predestined because with the things ive experienced in my life leads me to become a person who thinks deep into issues and posts it on the blog. would really like to continue....but these thoughts are still swimming crazily in my head...cant really put into words.

maybe ill continue this discussion someday....if fate permits. but no matter what, ill never give up on working hard on improving myself on every possible aspect. This is who i am, this is how my path of destiny has shaped me, and i believe this path will lead me to much greater heights to come.

No comments: